1. Win a raffle so your cafeteria plan is free for the semester.
2. Buy Great Value (Wal-Mart brand – you can cook spaghetti for 6 for less than $10 with Great Value!)
3. Happen to forget your credit card when you accompany your mother on a trip to the store during a visit home, so she ends up buying you food (because she is wonderful and oh so generous!)
4. Happen to forget your credit card when you accompany your friends on a trip to the store during school, so no one buys you anything and you end up playing with the Halloween decorations for 20 minutes.
5. Live in a city like Abilene where everything is ridiculously close by so you only have to fill up your car every 6 weeks.
6. Get a library card so you have no excuse to buy books.
7. Get a Netflix account, watch pirated stuff online, or bring all of your own DVDs and combine them with your friends’, so you never have to rent movies (for $4 a night – ridiculous!)
8. Skip meals. Not the ideal, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Free food in the cafeteria means waiting till later to eat.
9. Get a job at a delicious Italian restaurant and eat mistakes whenever possible.
10. Think about all the other things you could do with your money, like buy a chicken for an orphanage in Zambia (http://admafrica.blogspot.com/2011/09/opportunity-to-help.html) or send a Christmas present to your adorable Compassion child in Thailand (sponsor your own precious child of God at http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm), and you’ll automatically think twice about purchases of any size.